Thursday, May 24, 2007

SHELTER Studies

For a while, I have wanted to use SHELTER to highlight the type of homes that appeal to me personally, homes that have achieved comfortable, colorful, and real interiors without extensive remodeling and great expense. I prefer potluck homes; spaces that consist of a little bit of this, a little bit of that, something you already own, a family heirloom, or yard sale finds. I want to show off the wonderful things people have been able to achieve by using their own skills and imaginations.

I decided to do a series of posts on just these types of home, studies of what about them make them appealing and what lessons their experiences can offer others in similar situations. Coming up first, a very brave participant that I found on Flickr and her great Brooklyn apartment that came complete with a cute dog.

No comments: