I just looked through the March/April 2007 issue of Blueprint magazine. The new Editor-in-chief received a makeover of her 307 sq ft apartment done by the staff of the magazine.
It blew me away.
Check out the online version of this article.
What inspired me:
- The use of wall shelving for storage that takes the least amount of floor space.*
- The blue Le Creuset dishes on those shelves, which apparently are only available in the U.K.**
- The curtain used to divide the living space from kitchen.*
- The handmade television cozy for her flat-screen.*
- The patterned bolster pillows for the sofa with the same fabric (in a different color) used in the bedroom.
- Painting everyday objects to make them part of your decor. They painted her andirons with Surf Blue paint from Benjamin Moore.
* The site includes instructions for the shelves, the curtain, and the cozy.
** Photos from Blueprint magazine and John Lewis.com.