Thursday, January 25, 2007

I realize that despite that post on the IKEA shelf, which was actually put up in 2006, I haven't posted anything related to my personal home in a while. Well, I don't see that changing anytime soon and I feel horrible about that. I will definitely take part in the Apartment Therapy Cure in March but I don't have the time or the money to do anything new until then.

So don't expect anything to proceed on my actual home.

[Crap, I just looked outside and snow is trying to happen again. I gave it an evil look during my walk back from class an hour ago but it just doesn't listen. I DO NOT want snow today.]

Anyway, instead I will write about what I want in a home in the future, the practical stuff and the non-practical, in no particular order.

First, I want a small house. The basics: living room, dining area, kitchen, bedrooms, craft room/office. I would also love an outside workshop for construction and painting work.

My next post will be about houses ( or cottages) that are under 800 square feet, so almost a third larger than my apartment now.

Here is a book about leaving a smaller footprint on the planet regarding the size of place in which you live, Little House on a Small Planet, written by Shay Salomon, one of the founders of the Small House Society who are dedicated to promoting small housing solutions that are both affordable and ecologically responsible.


[OK, I'm really mad now. There seems to be a blizzard happening outside of my window. I swear the temperature is in the high 30's, how is this happening!!]

No comments: