Saturday, May 22, 2010

Who, Me?

Well, as a blogger I receive many emails wanting me to promote someone else's website. 

However, this one was clever, the email was entitled "Your site was a featured site on our website." Then in the body they said it was on a list of Top 50 Apartment Decoration Web Sites on RentersInsurance.org. 

Now, I love my little blog and and at one time was extremely proud of the work I was doing on it (I've since lapsed in writing frequency). But I would never have said that it was a blog tool for decorating anyone's apartment other than mine since it was purely my sensibility on view. Well, I didn't have to worry about it because their list is all over the place in terms of sites that are personal and ones that are more product-based. 

Oh, and check out the unique way they described my site, so unique I almost didn't recognize it: Decorating That Which Shelters You: Ideas for decorating what shelters you with a definite classic bent. Awkwardly written description aside (classic?), I am honored. The list includes many more experienced and better marketed sites than mine plus it gave me more "shelter" blogs to investigate. Thank you.

1 comment:

etoilee8 said...

I get some strange marketing emails too. Everybody wants something for free. I love it when it's to market an item I clearly don't care about and would never buy. All I can think is "where's the money people?"