Monday, January 11, 2010

Virginia House - Details

This is the home stretch at the Virginia House, just some lovely images of details within the house. After this I'll be back to regular content about my comparatively sad little hovel of a home. Enjoy because you won't be seeing anything as lovely in my place!


Leaded stained glass window


Elaborate wooden clock in the Great Hall


Three-quarter suit of ceremonial armor from 1681, also displayed in the Great Hall

 

19th c. Spanish rolled iron sconce/lamps with shades constructed of pages from a 18th c. choir book.

Brass light switches


Detailed wooden chair (origin unknown to me)



Adorable green wooden leafed kitchen table and uniquely shaped chairs





Built-in shoe closet in Virginia Weddell's powder room w/ examples of shoes from the 1920's

Images: My own photographs

No comments: