Monday, April 27, 2009

Down Savannah Way


Better Homes & Gardens, November 2006


Artist Katie Runnel's Savannah, GA home is a mixture of flea market items, antiques, family hand-me-downs and discount store items. (Hmmm, sounds familiar once you scratch that antiques part) This magazine feature on her Georgia home was written in 2006, she now lives in Columbia, South Carolina.

An obvious love of bird imagery is expressed in her artwork and collections, from the wall sculptures to salt and pepper shakers.



Her palette of colors; harvest gold and olive green, is highly individual and not influenced by a trend. I LOVE this home and apologize for just now sharing it.





Click to see details

This is the story that got me into checking out Better Homes & Garden magazine. I now flip through the pages at the newsstand every month. Features like these along with their incredibly delicious sounding and easy to make recipes make this perhaps another magazine you should consider giving a new look.

I just discovered that Katie has a wonderful site for her art and a blog full of inspiration at The Constant Gatherer.

UPDATE: She is guest blogging on Design*Sponge this week while Grace is on her honeymoon.

Images: November 2006 issue of Better Homes and Garden

1 comment:

Marcy said...

It's a beautiful house; so much color. I love her pillows! I read BHG at my Mom's house. I can't bring myself to subscribe.