Tuesday, July 18, 2006

It is NOT easy being green...


I just started painting the phonograph table. Argh.

After the Benjamin Moore sample pots, I went back to my old standby, the Rust-Oleum 8 oz. cans. In the past, I painted two pieces with their paint and was very happy with the results. Unfortunately, this time isn't going that great. The coverage is horrible; this is with two coats on top of the primer.



The color is Spring Green, which sounds great but is turning out a bit too somber for my taste. I didn't want to buy a whole spraycan (of a livelier color) for one little table so I took what was available in the half pint cans. The only other shade available in this size was Slate Blue. Again, blah.

I will finish the table and give it a few days to grow on me. But if I still don't like it, I will go back and check out what's available in the Benjamin Moore sample pots for the green family.

No comments: