Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Now, what week is it again?


Well, now that I've read the entire book, I find myself skipping around and doing whatever I can accomplish.

In the kitchen, I've discarded the unused items in the fridge. I had lentils from, I don't know how many years ago. I moved them with me from Arlington to Richmond almost a year and a half ago. Ugh.

Next I will go through the Tupperware and make sure that I have a lid for every container. After that, the scrub down of the refrigerator, which hasn't had a deep cleaning since I moved in.

Yeah, 'I don't want someone else's dripped jelly and spilled salt, but hey, I can live with mine.' Again. Ugh.

As I said in my last post, I am feeding my Outbox very well:
Since this picture was taken, my sister's lamp has been taken down to my storage space in the basement.

I cleared a surface in my apartment:
Each time I look over there it seems so strange and empty to me.

I completed another project for the bedroom:
It is a much more attractive way to display my jewelry than as a jumbled clump on a ceramic tray.

Finally, I took off the inside-out and pinned sofa slipcover in order to sew the alterations. Of course, I will post a picture when I'm done.

I noticed when I took off the dark purple cover that the room was instantly improved, even though the couch itself is a faded and ugly floral. The slipcover was too dark, the purple sucked up all of the light. The naked sofa showed me that I really need to cover it with a lighter color or perhaps a neutral. I had earlier thought of covering it with painter's canvas and following Todd Oldham's example of just stapling it in place. However, I kept chickening out. I am now rethinking that idea.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really love this idea for jewelry...I have been racking my brain trying to think of a way to display my things so I won't forget to wear them...I'm going to have to try it!! Thanks!