Monday, June 05, 2006

What do you think I should do?




I picked this up two weeks ago at Target because I loved the pattern on this tablecloth from their current Ipanema line. But now that I have it at home, I'm not sure what to do with it. I thought about:
  1. using it for my first reupholstering experiment on the loveseat
  2. making napkins from it by adding trim and other fabrics like these at Anthropologie
  3. making a dress from the fabric, maybe like these
  4. or just using it as a table cloth for the small dining table
I'm still not sure. Any ideas?

Here are some more views of the print and the Ipanema line.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about making a "canvas" out of it? You could wrap the fabric around a large canvas, or several small ones screwed together. It would make a great piece of art for a large wall!

Anonymous said...

glue the fabric around unsightly vases or flower pots - and there you have one and the only such vase in the world.

wrap shoe boxes which can be used for storage.

you can make bags out of them, a summer tote bag perhaps.or turn them to pillow covers or bolster covers. put sequins in certain places for the extra bling.

cut strips of cloth and cover your photo frame with it.

make it a shower curtain or use them as drapes.

if you know to make file folders make them - very common use in the east.

Blogging Masterclass said...

I'd love to see this as a handbag - half of the front of the bag with this fabric, the other half in a solid orange... YUM

Holly

Blogging Masterclass said...

I have the second set of sheets:

http://decor8.blogspot.com/2006/04/target-ipanema-sheets.html

lsaspacey said...

Wow, great suggestions! Weird, I didn't think of them this time, even though I've done some of those before.

Both bag ideas are sounding REALLY good. In fact I've been wanting an excuse to make one of those cute Amy Butler bags...

By the way Holly, thanks for the heads up on Decor8 about Amy's new book, too bad it won't be available until Fall of 2007.

mod*mom said...

try the dress!

Anonymous said...

did you consider?

- making a hat
- a valance
-covering a lamp shade,
- chair covers - perfect for patio chairs
- a bandana
- a hair band - will look nice and colorful - perfect outfit with a nice white frock for the summer

- a belt
- a summer dress
- shorts