Thursday, July 22, 2010

More of the Same

Okay, sorry for leaving that boring and visually unappealing post up on my blog for so long. unfortunately, here is more. This is where that whole situation stands now:

The estimated completion date of the new part for my ceiling AC unit will be finished by August 16. Oh, did I not tell you that they had to manufacture/build that part? Yes, they couldn't find one to order so they had it made in Texas. So I have another month before they can repair my AC. Which wouldn't be so bad if...
  • I had access to sunlight in my bedroom. I can't tell you how hard it is to wake up during the work week and O.M.G. how hard it is during the weekends when you have no idea what time of day it is.
  • The windows in my bedroom had more coverage (blinds, curtains, something!) than a sheet of blue Tyvek (white side facing out) that I swear is not reflecting the heat away but is actually heating up my room. It is so muggy and tepid in there while the unit in the living room is cooling a space three times the size because of the high 13 foot ceilings.

I swear there will be pretty things on this blog again. Soon.

Though there is some good news. I cleared out my basement storage space so that saves me $10 a month and I've been going through and designating stuff to a section of the apartment for things I'll take to Goodwill or sell on Etsy. So the clutter is slowly (very slowly) going away.

Take care and if you're on the East coast in the States, stay cool.

No comments: