Friday, July 31, 2009

Fiat Lux!*

I'm sorry it took me so long to post these images from my trip to Historic Fredericksburg. I so wanted to do some research about these floor lamps to add to the images but I don't think that's going to happen. So enjoy the purty pictures!




These lamps were definitely eye-catching. I believe that the details are Bakelite and I love how the middle picture will forever remind me of a very ornate Big Bird's legs.




This lamp had marble detailing on the stem and had a lighted "night-light" base on the bottom. You know I have a thing for lamps like this already.



A six-way floor lamp with a lighted base. Luckily they had this one plugged in so you could check to see if it worked. This one is very similar to the one I own and still need to get rewired.

*Latin: Let there be light!

No comments: