Tuesday, March 24, 2009

DIYIdeas Project Plans Resource

Cool free project plans from do it YOURSELF magazine here.


Sorry, I can't find a bigger picture anywhere!


I especially like this project for hiding your dog crate if you practice crate training. The building plans by Bill Lahay are available here. They suggest that a beginning woodworker could knock this console table/dog crate out in one weekend from MDF and a closet rod. Since the most common solution I see is to make a full slipcover for the crate, I like this one better because it incorporates another use with the added storage.



This was part of an entire story on making your own pet accessories more attractive with a couple pet lounge area ideas. However, they are not all on the site. But there is this one using a metal bin, though I wonder at its functionality because the dog has to step up and in.




No comments: