Friday, January 30, 2009

The demise of the hard copy decor magazine

My sister sent me a link to this article in the Washington Post. It's pretty much what I've already written here or linked to but with more statistics and $$ numbers.

I'd like to add though that even though Design Blogs are great, many of them would not exist if not for the print magazines that so many images are pulled from. I also don't really like being tied to watching a computer screen all the time.

So, we still need those mags.

Big Time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi! I'm sad about the disappearance of so many analog magazines. Flipping through the pages is such a different thing than keeping up with on-line/digital blogs. I was wondering why I hadn't seen Cottage Living in a while, and saw that it was killed a few months ago.

How are you? How is school going?!?

Take care, aiisa
(it's been a really long time since I posted to your blog, but we exchange emails about career/age & such a while back. aagulko@yahoo.com)